The George Feilding Hight Scholarship
In 2013, George Feilding Hight and Merrilyn Estelle Hight established a scholarship fund in the St Andrew’s College Foundation, to provide scholarships for young men and women from rural communities in the South Island of New Zealand, to attend St Andrew’s.
Applicants for the George Feilding Hight Scholarships have parents or guardians receiving the major part of their income from the pastoral and horticultural industries, or from employment in the agricultural services sector. The applicants must demonstrate how financial constraints would preclude their ability to meet tuition fees. In addition the applicants must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Rector of St Andrew's College that they have a particular interest in or aptitude for academic studies.
Only New Zealand citizens or permanent residents can apply for a George Feilding Hight Scholarship, which are awarded at the discretion of the Rector.
St Andrew’s College is proud to offer this exciting opportunity for young rural men and women to reach their full potential in a dynamic leaning environment. Many George Feilding Hight scholars have returned to their local communities and achieved great things after finishing their education at St Andrew’s.
Terms of The George Feilding Hight Scholarships
Applicants for a George Feilding Hight Scholarship must meet the criteria as stated above, summarised as:
From a rural background whose family income is primarily derived from the agricultural sector.
1. Have demonstrated financial constraints precluding the ability to meet tuition fees.
2. An interest in and aptitude for academic studies.
3. Recipients of a George Feilding Hight Scholarships are provided 100% of tuition fees.
4. Once awarded to a student, the scholarship will be awarded each year subsequent, to a five year maximum, until the student graduates from, or leaves, St Andrew's College, assuming the student continues to meet admission criteria at the College and remains in good standing.
5. The George Feilding Hight Scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of the Rector of St Andrew's College, Christchurch, based on the normal application process and upon the applicant meeting the criteria established above for the 6. George Feilding Hight Scholarships.
7. A condition of the scholarship award will be that the recipients of a George Feilding Hight Scholarship will be required to furnish two handwritten reports by the last day of Term 1 and Term 3 per year to the Rector of St Andrew’s College.
You can also download information and application forms fromt the sidebar.