The George Feilding Hight Scholarship
George Feilding Hight and Merrilyn Estelle Hight established in 2013 a scholarship fund in the St Andrew’s College Foundation which will provide scholarships for young men and women from the rural communities of the South Island of New Zealand to attend St Andrew’s College, Christchurch.
The George Feilding Hight Scholarships are for the benefit of students who live in rural areas of the South Island of New Zealand whose parents or guardians receive the major part of their income from the pastoral and horticultural industries or who are employed in the agricultural services sector who in the opinion of the Rector of St Andrew’s College would be precluded from attending the College because of financial constraints. Recipients of the George Feilding Hight Scholarships must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
In addition the recipient(s) must have demonstrated to the satisfaction of the Rector of St Andrew's College that they have a particular interest in or aptitude for academic studies.
By offering a suitable student the diverse opportunities provided by a St Andrew's College education, the George Feilding Hight Scholarships will give young men and women the chance to reach their full potential and so benefit the greater community.
Terms of The George Feilding Hight Scholarships:
Applicants for a George Feilding Hight Scholarship must meet the criteria as stated above, summarised as:
- From a rural background whose family income is primarily derived from the agricultural sector;
- Have demonstrated financial constraints precluding the ability to meet tuition fees;
- An interest in and aptitude for academic studies.
- Recipients of a George Feilding Hight Scholarships are provided 100% of tuition fees.
- Once awarded to a student, the scholarship will be awarded each year subsequent, to a five year maximum, until the student graduates from, or leaves, St Andrew's College, assuming the student continues to meet admission criteria at the College and remains in good standing.
- The George Feilding Hight Scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of the Rector of St Andrew's College, Christchurch, based on the normal application process and upon the applicant meeting the criteria established above for the George Feilding Hight Scholarships.
- A condition of the scholarship award will be that the recipients of a George Feilding Hight Scholarship will be required to furnish two handwritten reports by the last day of Term 1 and Term 3 per year to the Rector of St Andrew’s College.
Please download the full information and application form from the sidebar.
Applications for this scholarship close Wednesday 10 May 2017.