You are logged in as


This website uses cookies to distinguish you from other users. This helps us to provide you with a good user experience and also allows us to improve our website. More information

Facebook Old Cols College

Who Can Enrol?

Mā wai e whakauru?

St Andrew’s College follows New Zealand Ministry of Education guidelines, defining student eligibility in New Zealand schools. The category your child falls into will determine which of the application forms and enrolment processes you will need to follow:

Domestic Student (Permanent)

If your child is a New Zealand citizen, New Zealand resident or Australian citizen, complete our Application Form and pay the non-refundable enrolment fee..

Domestic Student (Time-bound)

This category is for foreign students who may be considered a domestic student for a set time period. Students must have the correct documentation in place for this entitlement. Please use the Domestic Student (Time-bound) application form to apply.

International (or Foreign Fee Paying) Student

International or Foreign Fee Paying students must be offered a place at St Andrew’s College before applying for a student visa or permit, which will allow them to enter New Zealand. Please read all of the important information in the International section of this website before using the Foreign Fee Paying (International) Student application form to apply.

Further evidence of eligibility

Please contact us if any of the following circumstances apply to you, as additional evidence of eligibility may be required at the time of enrolment:

  • parent is not a New Zealand citizen or resident but has a work permit;
  • student is a refugee or dependent child of a refugee;
  • parent has an NZAID or Commonwealth scholarship;
  • parent is completing a PhD in a New Zealand university;
  • parent is a diplomat;
  • student has entered New Zealand for the purposes of adoption;
  • parent is on an exchange programme;
  • parent is in the military;
  • student is in CYF care;
  • parent is on an Antarctic programme;
  • student has a Limited Purpose Permit.

For further information on eligibility criteria to enrol in New Zealand schools, please visit the Ministry of Education website: